- Â Some Things To Know About The Parade
- The Parade begins at 77th Street & Central Park West at 9am.Â Â
- When the Parade reaches Columbus Circle (59th Street), it turns on to Broadway.
- Heading down Broadway, the Parade marches through Times Square and down to 34th Street where it turns at Macy’s Herald Square and ends on Seventh Avenue at around noon.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Public Viewing Areas
Central Park West: West side of street from 70th Street to Columbus Circle & east side of street from 70th to 65th
Columbus Circle: West side of street
Broadway: between 58th & 38th Streets
34th Street: south side of street between Broadway & 7th Avenue
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Yes, the Thanksgiving parade in New YorkÂ is great. But to me the real treat is seeing the balloons come to life. You can watch them blow up starting around 3pm on Wednesday. The kids….and adults….will love it!
Spread out over a number of blocks on the Upper West Side, the unofficial start of the annual celebration is all about seeing flat but bigger-than-life versions of Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo, and Mr. Potato Head slowly brought to life and inflated with helium.
It’s FREE and worth the trip!
Location: 77th to 81st Streets, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue. Enter at 77th Street and Columbus Avenue.